An unrivalled service for expertise, quality and service, our end-to end Global Forwarding solutions link the furthest corners of the globe
With a strong presence in all the world's key trading regions, XPO Logistics provides fast and reliable air and sea freight options and a full customs clearance service supported by teams with a wealth of local knowledge. Whether you be looking to import from or export to the Americas, Europe or Asia, we offer a bespoke solution whatever your requirement.
Russia, the CIS, Eastern Europe. Whatever you call it, the former Soviet Union is an unusual freight market, and is still one of the most challenging environments to operate within successfully. Efficient, legally compliant customs clearance is a major factor in the smooth running of international freight services.
Getting freight to Russia is not the issue: from Europe, daily airfreight and weekly consolidated road / ocean services provide plenty of options to get cargo to the Russian border. It’s getting it past that point where the process can become problematic. Russian customs formalities and regulations are longwinded and complicated and can be subject to change without prior warning. Shippers are confronted with a minefield of paperwork and administration procedures.
XPO Logistics' Russian teams have been established in Moscow since 1994 – experience which means we understand the complexities associated with freight forwarding to Russia. For the last 20 years we have helped exporters to overcome customs barriers and successfully trade in the Russian Federation.
"Best Customs Broker in Russia"
As an Official Federal Russian Customs Broker, we combine speed and accuracy to provide a full range of services for Russian import / export clearance and for fast and efficient onward distribution. Our experience in customs engineering has recently been recognised by Russian Central Customs, who named us Best Customs Broker in October 2013.
XPO Logistics Global Forwarding Russia: Our Solution
- A complete brokerage and customs clearance service for import, export and transit shipments dispatched by all means of transport
- 100% electronic customs declarations
- Customs duties and taxes calculation, provision of information concerning duty rates and exemption procedure management
- 3 offices located in Moscow, St Petersburg and Yekaterinburg, located 7 to seven customs terminals
- Customs terminals provide non-stop clearance through the primary air gateways into Russia. Truck cargo is cleared at two locations strategic to the Moscow market and clearance for FCL sea freight is done at the port of st Petersburg
- Full administrative preparation ("russification" of documents ) prior to shipment including the translation of technical documents (e.g. invoices, packing lists)
- Highly qualified customs broker dedicated to each customer
- No restriction in business segment, but with particular expertise in clearance of industrial equipment, consumer and luxury goods
- Full track and trace service for visibility
- Appropriate Certiciates of Competencies - including AEO, BIFA, ISO, IATA, FIATA
- Onward transport and distribution: a network of trusted partners to serve remote locations, including multimodal options
- Cross docking and flow optimisation services
XPO Logistics Global Forwarding Russia: Your Benefits
- Our service combines speed with accuracy, co you can be sure your goods will arrive in Russia on time and with guaranteed compliance with local regulations
- E-declarations and modern IT solutions streamline administration processes and avoid lost time
- Single point of contact provides the ideal interface between customs and customer
- Electronic document circulation between offices allows our customers access to all shipping and customs documents online for full visibility
- Territorial proximity to Moscow, St Petersburg and Yekaterinburg allows us to carry out import / export clearance without delay and avoid additional costs for storage of goods at the terminals
- Benefit from the insider knowledge of a partner who has been established in Russia for more than 20 years