Need a partner who can manage your ocean forwarding requirements, regardless of the nature of your product, size or volume? Look no further.
When it comes to importing and exporting your goods, you want to optimise your shipping costs as much as possible, while being able to count on a reliable method of transport. The XPO Logistics teams work with selected shipping companies throughout the world. Your XPO Logistics contact will be able to tell you where your goods are located at any time.
XPO Logistics Global Forwarding has a presence in all the major world markets, ports and airports, and have a vast experience in managing time sensitive shipments to remote and challenging destinations with a commitment to quality, safety and customer service. We are a key player in the facilitation of global trade – whatever your shipment, industry or specific requirement, you can be certain your cargo will arrive on time, in full, on budget and in first-class condition.
Features of XPO Logistics' sea freight solutions
- Global import and export services covering the world’s major ports
- Fully licensed non-vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC)
- HMRC registered, AEO accredited and members of BIFA, IATA and FIATA
- Regular assured sailing schedules with guaranteed transit times
- Door-to-door, port-to-port services
- Local haulage and customs clearance for an integrated supply chain solution
- Export consolidation and import de-consolidation services
- Full shipping documentation assistance
- Solid and durable partnerships with the major shipping lines, ports and the maritime industry worldwide – we negotiate the best rates and pass these savings on to you
- No restriction on size or volume – single pallets to FCL (Full Container Loads) and industrial equipment (including out of gauge shipments, RO-RO)
- We manage LCL (Less than Container Load) and groupage services which incorporate delivery to the final destination
- Few limitations on what we are able to transport across the oceans – hazardous goods, refrigerated containers
- Insurance coverage
Why select XPO Logistics Global Forwarding to manage your ocean freight?
- VIP status with the major shipping lines ensures flexibility of service and capacity to provide critical space allocations
- IT solutions provide visibility and event reporting as well as shipment tracking options via SAP transportation management software. In this way we can guarantee identification of products and traceability through the entire shipment process
- Option to reduce transit time with a sea-air intermodal solution when air freight is too costly and sea freight is too slow
- Added-value services such as consolidation, portside logistics, warehousing and onward transport to final destination means we offer a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all forwarding requirements.
- Peace of mind your ocean freight is in safe hands, with a leading global supply chain partner